Fobally Art World Africa, in collaboration with the Fobally Art World Foundation, our non-profit (NGO) branch, is thrilled to announce the much-anticipated 2023 Art Competitions scheduled for the month of September.
Our mission at the Fobally Art World Foundation is to foster and champion a community of professional, gifted artists and celebrate African art through engaging art competitions.
The execution of these two Art Competitions will unfold in three distinct stages: the Entry Stage, the Audition Stage, and the Grand Finale. Here’s a breakdown of the two competitions:
- Lagos State Secondary School Art Competition – themed “Paint your Aspired Lagos” (Art Discovery).
- National Undergraduate Art Competition – themed “Paint your Aspired Nation” (Invigoration Series II).
The Auditions for both Art Competitions are scheduled to take place from the 11th to the 15th of September 2023, between 10 am and 4 pm, at the Fobally Art Gallery located at No 1 Amaechi Crescent, off Petrocam Fuel Station, off Goshen Road, Lekki Phase 1. The Grand Finale of the competition will commence at the Four Points By Sheraton, Oniru, Victoria Island, Lagos State, at 12 noon on the 16th of September 2023.
We are delighted to announce that these Art Competitions have received the endorsement of the Lagos State Government, the Ministry of Education, and the Ministry of Tourism, Arts, and Culture. The Lagos State Ministry of Education has played a pivotal role in mobilizing the participation of secondary school students across all six Education Districts in Lagos State, ensuring widespread engagement in the Art Competition.
We are also proud to acknowledge the generous co-sponsorship of these competitions by Linkage Assurance Plc, FITC (Financial Institution Training Centre), Bank of Industry, Cadbury, Belony and Company Nigeria Limited, DSTV Nigeria, Nairametrics, Nigerian Bottling Company, and MTN Foundation. The Keynote Speaker for the event is Dr. Lemmy Omololu, an esteemed professional with higher degrees in Business Administration and Finance from the University of Ibadan, currently serving as the Business Director of EMPRETEC-UNCTAD Nigeria and Africa Regional Trainer for the International Trade Centre (ITC) MLS-SCM program, an initiative of the UN, Geneva.
Our esteemed panel of judges for the 2023 Art Competitions has been meticulously selected from both practicing artists and academia to ensure impartial evaluation of candidates’ artworks. They will assess the submissions in the context of the competition theme, comprehension, and live painting during the audition. Our esteemed panel includes:
- Prof. Kunle Adeyemi Ph.D – An interdisciplinary visual artist, researcher, and former Dean of the Faculty of Art, Design, and Printing at Yaba College of Technology, Lagos.
- Mr. TUNDE OLANIPEKUN – A teacher, priest, painter/printmaker, curator, art critic, and Founder of Baffles Art Gallery, Lagos, Nigeria.
- Dr. Olusola Ogunfuwa, Ph.D. – A professional painter, graphic designer, printmaker, and researcher specializing in conflict resolutions in arts and artists.
- Mrs. Ayoola Oluwaseun Omovo – A dynamic silhouette painter and part-time visual art instructor at Lycee Francais Louis Pasteur, Lagos, Nigeria.
- Prince Kolawole Olojo – A visionary and culture-centered artist, known for his outstanding work and dedication to the field of painting.
The Grand Finale of the competition will take place at Four Points By Sheraton, Oniru, Victoria Island, Lagos, on the 16th of September, 2023, starting at 12:00 noon.
The competition objectives include:
- Discovering outstanding young Nigerian art talents for national and global recognition.
- Encouraging Nigerian youths to envision the nation of their dreams.
- Fostering meaningful communication between Nigerian youths and the government.
- Inspiring youths to actively engage in nation-building and community development planning.
- Providing a platform for young artists to develop their raw talent and contribute positively to society.
- Offering young students the opportunity to showcase their art and talent to a wider audience.
- Empowering young artists to explore the world of art and promote Nigerian and African culture.
National Undergraduate Art Competition 2023, Award Categories:
Winners of the National Undergraduate Art Competition will receive the following prizes:
[Insert Prize Categories for National Undergraduate Art Competition]
Lagos Secondary School Art Competition 2023, Award Categories:
The winners of the Lagos State Secondary School Competition will be awarded prizes as detailed below:
[Insert Prize Categories for Lagos State Secondary School Art Competition]
Date: 16th September 2023 Time: 12:00 Noon Address: Four Points by Sheraton, Oniru, Victoria Island, Lagos.
To confirm your attendance or for further inquiries, please call us at 08149313658 or write to us at email@example.com.
We extend our sincere gratitude for your continued support.
Folasade Abiola Founder/Creative Director Fobally Art World Africa
Source Pictures: nairametrics
Source Videos: Fobally Art World Africa TVC