In May 2023, Infinix unveiled the Note 30 5G, a mid-range smartphone offering several notable features. The device boasts a large 6.78-inch FHD+ display with a high 120Hz refresh rate, providing a smooth and immersive viewing experience. Powering the Note 30 5G is the MediaTek Dimensity 6080 5G processor, ensuring efficient performance and connectivity. Users can enjoy multitasking and smooth operation with up to 12GB of RAM.
The smartphone features a triple-camera setup on the rear, including a 108MP main sensor, a 2MP depth sensor, and a QVGA sensor. This setup enables users to capture high-resolution and detailed photos. On the front, there is a 16MP camera for capturing impressive selfies and engaging in video calls.
The Infinix Note 30 5G is equipped with a robust 5000mAh battery, ensuring extended usage without frequent recharging. Additionally, the device supports 33W fast charging, enabling quick and convenient battery replenishment. The smartphone runs on Android 13, customized with Infinix’s XOS 10.6 user interface, providing a seamless and user-friendly experience.
The Infinix Note 30 5G offers the following key specifications and features:
- Display: The smartphone features a 6.78-inch IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1080 x 2460 pixels and a pixel density of approximately 396 ppi. It boasts an impressive screen-to-body ratio of around 84.7%, providing an immersive viewing experience.
- Operating System: The Note 30 5G runs on the Android 13 operating system, offering a modern and intuitive user interface.
- Processor: Powering the device is the Mediatek Dimensity 6080 octa-core processor built on a 6nm manufacturing process. This processor ensures efficient performance and smooth multitasking capabilities.
- RAM and Storage: Users have the option of choosing between 4GB or 8GB of RAM, providing ample memory for smooth operation. In terms of storage, the device offers either 128GB or 256GB of built-in storage for storing apps, files, and media.
- Camera: The smartphone is equipped with a triple rear camera setup, including a 108MP wide lens, a 2MP depth sensor, and a QVGA sensor. This configuration enables users to capture high-resolution and detailed photos. On the front, there is a 16MP camera for taking selfies and engaging in video calls.
- Fingerprint Sensor: The Note 30 5G features a side-mounted fingerprint sensor for convenient and secure unlocking of the device.
- Connectivity: The smartphone supports 4G LTE for fast and reliable mobile internet connectivity. Additionally, it offers 5G support, enabling users to take advantage of the next-generation network speeds.
- Battery: The device is powered by a non-removable 5000mAh Li-Po battery, providing sufficient power to keep it running throughout the day. It also supports 45W fast charging, allowing for quick and convenient battery charging.
These specifications and features make the Infinix Note 30 5G a compelling mid-range smartphone option.
Design and Display
The Infinix Note 30 5G boasts a sturdy and visually appealing build. Its design features a slightly boxy shape with a polycarbonate rear panel that has both a matte and reflective finish frame, giving it an attractive look. The smartphone is available in three colors: Magic Black, Interstellar Blue, and Sunset Gold.
Although the Note 30 5G is slightly on the heavier side, weighing 205 grams, and a bit thick at 8.5mm, it remains comfortable to hold and use.
The front of the device is dominated by a large 6.78-inch display with thin bezels, lending it a modern appearance. The display incorporates a hole-punch cutout for the selfie camera and is protected by NEG glass, offering scratch and fall resistance.
The 6.78-inch IPS LCD display boasts a resolution of 1080 x 2460 pixels, providing a pixel density of around 396 ppi. With a 120Hz refresh rate and a peak brightness of 580 nits, the display delivers vibrant colors and a smooth viewing experience. It also covers about 84.7% of the screen-to-body ratio, maximizing the available screen space.
The rear of the phone features a rectangular module housing the triple-camera setup. While the module is slightly raised, it does not pose a significant issue.
In terms of buttons and sensors, the Note 30 5G includes volume buttons and a fingerprint sensor. However, it would have been preferable to have an in-display fingerprint sensor for added convenience. At the bottom of the phone, you can find a USB-C charging port, a microphone, and a 3.5mm audio jack, which are commonly found in smartphones within this price range.
One standout feature of the Note 30 5G is the presence of two JBL-powered speaker grills, one at the bottom and one at the top, providing users with a stereo sound experience.
Overall, the Infinix Note 30 5G offers an impressive design and a feature-rich package for its price range.
The Infinix Note 30 5G features an impressive 108MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.75 and a focal length of 26mm. It utilizes phase detection autofocus (PDAF) for fast focusing and has a pixel size of 0.64µm.
In addition to the primary camera, there is a 2MP depth sensor that enhances depth perception in photos and an AI-lens. While the main camera captures images with decent detail in well-lit conditions, it may take a moment for the focus to lock on.
The manual exposure slider could benefit from some adjustments, and the colors can appear slightly saturated, especially with AI-based scene detection. Images are captured at a resolution of 12.5MP using pixel binning.
One drawback of the camera setup is the absence of an ultra-wide or macro shooter, which is a limitation compared to other similarly priced phones. The background separation in portrait mode images could also be improved.
The device does offer some interesting features, such as Film mode for creating stitched videos and images, which are suitable for sharing on platforms like Instagram Reels or YouTube Shorts. It also includes a dual-view mode that allows for simultaneous shooting from the front and back cameras.
In low-light conditions, the Infinix Note 30 5G performs adequately, but it may struggle in situations with limited ambient lighting. Details can appear washed out, and there may be a lack of clarity in shadows and highlights. However, the Super Night mode helps improve image quality in low-light environments.
For selfies, there is a 16MP front-facing camera that accurately captures facial details, although the skin tones may appear slightly unnatural. Overall, the camera experience of the Infinix Note 30 5G is satisfactory for casual users who don’t require intricate photography details.
Hardware and Software
The Infinix Note 30 5G is driven by the powerful Mediatek Dimensity 6080 chipset, which is manufactured using a 6nm process. It features an octa-core CPU configuration, including two high-performance Cortex-A76 cores clocked at 2.4 GHz and six energy-efficient Cortex-A55 cores clocked at 2.0 GHz. This combination ensures a balance between performance and power efficiency, making it suitable for everyday tasks and multitasking.
In terms of graphics, the device is equipped with the Mali-G57 MC2 GPU, delivering smooth and immersive visuals for gaming and multimedia experiences.
The phone offers different storage options, including 128GB of internal storage with 4GB of RAM, as well as 256GB of internal storage with 8GB of RAM. It also provides the flexibility of expandable storage through a dedicated microSDXC card slot, allowing users to easily increase their storage capacity for apps, files, and media.
The Infinix Note 30 5G runs on the Android 13 operating system, providing users with the latest features and improvements. The XOS 10.6 interface enhances the user experience with its intuitive and user-friendly design, offering a range of features.
Connectivity options include a 3.5mm headphone jack and a USB Type-C port. The phone supports dual-SIM cards and 5G connectivity, enabling users to take advantage of faster mobile data speeds. It also supports Bluetooth 5.1 and Wi-Fi 6 (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac) for seamless wireless connectivity.
Infinix Note 30 5G Price and Availability
The Infinix Note 30 5G is available at a starting price of $230, €217, or ₹14,499. In Nigeria, the price of the Infinix Note 30 5G varies between approximately ₦105,000 and ₦115,000.
PHOTO CREDIT: Gsmarena